Put in simple words, sustainability means meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
While we understand that there is no perfection and there will always be ways to be more sustainable, we try to do a little bit more with every step on the sustainability path.
We work with retail salesmen to reuse their deadstocks and rarely leather wastes thus assisting them in making a step towards sustainability.
Natural rubber is an exceptional material, one of the noblest among those used for footwear soles. The production of natural rubber is sustainable because the tree from which rubber latex is obtained is not cut down and destroyed; on the contrary, the latex exudes and drips from the tree from a thin cut; it is collected over a period of hours, after which the tree is allowed to rest. Waste and scraps are completely recyclable, resulting in lower environmental impact.
Hygienic, environmentally friendly and high-quality lightweight elastic material that provides cushioning while walking.
EVA has many strong sides:
- considerably lighter than other materials such as rubber, PVC or polyurethane.
- does not cause allergies. Hygienic as it is resistant to bacteria and fungi.
- waterproof. Not only because EVA is a polymer, but also because the products, as a rule, are cast entirely and do not have any seams: neither glued nor sewn.
- elastic and resilient. EVA shoes are soft with excellent shock-absorbing properties. In such shoes, the legs get tired less, walking in them is convenient and comfortable.
- environmental friendliness. Ethylene-vinyl acetate is highly recyclable and used as secondary raw material. With proper disposal, it does not have a negative impact on the planet.
Water-based adhesive technology is an environmentally friendly adhesive formulation. It contains no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which means water-based adhesives are not harmful to people or the environment. Water-based adhesives are developed using a combination of water, polymers, and additives.
The following characteristics make water-based adhesives extremely popular to work with:
- eco-friendly and non-toxic
- easily recyclable
- safe to handle
- don’t need to be heated before use
This one’s easy — we don’t overproduce, and our production facilities are energy efficient. We establish our production goals based on the demand and don’t create an excessive amount of products.
We are on our way of reducing packaging waste and promoting sustainable packaging. Before we used to put an original SINOBI box in a shipping box. From now on we have decided not to use the original cardboard boxes, but only shipping boxes.
The process of manufacturing which involves leather means there are many pieces and shreds of leather left. Instead of throwing them away or utilizing them, we decided to give a second life to leather wastes by turning them into pockets for packaging bags that our customers can use further. A cool factor is also that every pocket is unique as it is composed of different pieces.
SINOBI is the first Ukrainian fashion company who became a part of the DHL «Go-Green» programme. We also prefer to use electro cars when moving around or delivering.